Choosing a video editing software wisely
First, we should check whether the software meets certain requirements. Some of them are
- Whether it will run in your operating system.
- Will it accept new codecs.
- After buying a software, will they provide support.
- Whether they provide reliable and smooth experience.
- User friendly interface.
- After completion of project it can be saved in any format as per the requirement of the user.
Check what are the extra features provided by the video editing software when compared to other similar products. If you dont have enough knowledge on video editing it is better to go with open source one rather than commercial softwares. Once mastered with the techniques of the editing. Go with commercial editing software to enjoy extra features which won’t be seen in open source softwares.
Open source video editing softwares.
Commercial video editing softwares.
- Final Cut Pro
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Sony Vegas Pro
- Avid Media Composer
Essential features of the software to been seen before getting it
- Software should support various video formats like 2K, HD, 4K
- Once the project is in the middle, it should be convenient to move to other system without any disturbance.
- Software should have easy drag and drop feature.
- Easy animation making process.
- It should have backup facility to access files from anywhere.
- Even for beginners, editing should be easier in such a way that they can complete the editing process without any help for small projects.
- It should have separate audio room feature so that if any type of editing required for audio like changing modulation, amplitude etc., then it can be easily performed.
- As social networking increased when compared to past, it would be useful if the software support share feature. So that with one click we can easily share files to twitter, Facebook, youtube, vimeo.
- Speed of rendering files while processing and exporting the files should be faster.
- Technical support and maintenance should be provided whenever required.
- Feature like saving the project remotely online will enhance the software.
Final cut pro supports all this features when compared to other similar one’s. They also have online support forum which provides answers to every problem.